Here are a couple of fun activities you could do with the kids:
- Enjoying the river: Travelling can be exhausting. Especially if you have kids in tow. So just relaxing and enjoying the river is a great way to recharge. You could go tubing with the older kids, or go to Nam Song Island – a small island in the middle of the river. Here you’ll find a pebble beach, which is a great place to play in the water.
- Explore the caves: There are so many incredible caves to be explored around Vang Vieng. From the Elephant cave to the Snail cave, the River Cave to the Tham Phu Kham Cave (with it’s amazing, yet busy, Blue Lagoon). Always an exciting adventure to head on out and see what you can find.
- Go Kayaking: For the bigger kids, there are many active and interesting things to do, such as kayaking! The Nam Song River offers various small but fun rapids. Combine this with a hike and some caving and you’ve got yourself an action-packed day planned. Check out our Vang Vieng Experience Full Day Tour and get inspired!
- Jump on that bike: If the water is not really your, or your kids, thing, then maybe a bike is! Here you can bike through rice fields, past rivers and enjoy the stunning limestone mountains. When you join our Cycling & Caving tour you’ll also pass through interesting villages and visit some incredible caves such as the highly auspicious “Cave of the Golden Crab”. But you can also just rent a bike to explore the area!
- Visit a farm: At the Vang Vieng Organic farm, you can learn all about the sustainable organic methods of farming during their interesting farm tour. A fun afternoon with different animals finished with a local cup of mulberry tea!
Whether you’re here to enjoy being close to nature or experience some of the more action-packed activities. We’re sure you’ll enjoy your time here with the whole family!